Thursday, July 31, 2008

You really shouldn't be doing that


So anyway, I am now about 5 mos with child and still running about 4 miles a day at 10-11 minute miles, closer to 11, and still being chased by dogs. I just began taking iron supplements because I found out I have pregnancy induced anemia; so maybe I'll have a little more energy and get closer to the 10 minute mile. I'm hoping to keep a little endurance going so it won't be too difficult to get some speed back after little Abraham or Dominick is born.

Just the other day I was out and passed a running friend that I see occasionally. Besides the protruding belly she knows of my pg state. As I ran by she said, "Girl, you need some water, you're gonna die." It's funny cause I didn't feel like I was gonna die, I felt great actually. I just said "yeah," and laughed. I think most people assume that pregnant women are not suppose to do certain things.

Here is my list that I probably am not suppose to do, according to some people, but do anyway:
Drink coffee (1 or 2 cups)
run or jog
run or jog in hot weather
play football on the beach
play frisbee on the beach
swim and play with the kids
get chased by dogs
pick up and hold my kids
stay on my feet all day
take sips of hubby's beer
get my hair colored
hot baths
I think I've eaten some oysters

I'm sure there is more to add to this list, but you get the idea. Until next time...

ps. the pic is of the girls watching the hannah montana concert with me in the background doing what I should be doing, nothing.

No comments: