Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Last Trimester Running

Alright, now I am 7.5 mos prego and still running or trotting whatever you want to call it. Within the last month and a half I have slowed down quite a bit, but I still go out or run the treadmill everyday whether it's 2 or 3 miles. I still can so I will. I've even jumped some rope with the kids 100 jump sets - which seems to agree with me despite needing to use the bathroom often. Many times I don't feel like it doing anything, but I still do it because I feel great once I start and after. Yesterday my foot started hurting on the top. I might have hit it without remembering. It doesn't have any swelling or bruising, but it really hurts. I haven't tried to run yet - but will see how it reacts soon.

I am getting pretty excited about the new baby. I'm also anxious to get back into racing shape after. I attended some great races in November and December of 2007 and will miss not participating this year. There was the Run through History in Metairie, La Cemetery 5k, Ole Man River Half-Marathon and Larry Fuselier 10k on the levy along the Mississippi River in New Orleans. I also ran the Mardi Gras Half-Marathon in February 2008 - a blast - kind of like the CCC10k with parades of people along the route. I hope to be ready for it this year. Of course, I might have to feed my baby along the route - we'll see. I'll just do what I can do until next time...

No comments: